Wednesday, February 21, 2007

February 21, 2007


Enchanted Forest Aran from Vogue Knitting

This pattern has been on my wish list to knit for a long time. I finally sat down to swatch and knit the pattern. The original pattern was very oversized and I did not want it that large. I decided to work with a DK weight yarn (Cleckheaton) single strand and the finished dimensions according to the Cleckheaton gauge swatch would put the finished garment around 48" instead of 58". I wanted the sweater to be longer than the original so instead of 1 1/2" of rib, I knit 2 1/2" then I continued to tweak the pattern and knit the chart repeating some of the rows of the tree charts until I had the length and the look I wanted. I started out knitting the left front, but decided it was not right, so I then started on the right front and I was pleased with the result. I am now knitting up the left front.

2 comments:

Yarnbeans said...

Beautiful and I love the color!

Lori Bean
http://yarnbeans.typepad.com

CardiLover said...

Looking at this picture and the pictures of the shop make me really excited to visit! I bet your samples are so cool!!!

Richelle